on the last saturday night, I was craving brownies with an ice cream. Mmm picture this: hot gooey choco brownies with vanilla ice cream poured on top. But, I did not have any ice cream…. hiks.
And I was too lazy to get dressed and go to the corner store. So to cheer myself up, I chose to add a bag of Smarties that I had saved for a rainy day. And it just so happened to be raining too in Cianjur! Bizarre.
So this is how it went…
- 1/2 cup butter, melted or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8 inch square pan or line with foil or baking paper.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter and cocoa and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time and stir until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla, flour and salt until you no longer see any flour (do not overmix).
- Pour batter into pan
- Spread batter evenly
- Drop Smarties on top
- Put pan in oven
- DO NOT OVER-BAKE!
***Adjust time/temp accordingly for your oven. If you do the knife/toothpick test, it should come out with moist crumbs, not clean. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
HAVE FUN! 🙂